Title: API Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: End of 2020 then Extension or Conversion
Target Comp: $78-85/hr
Work Requirements: Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US as a W2 employee.
Overview: As an API Developer you will be responsible for designing and building Enterprise APIs to grow and support the digital footprint. You will work with stakeholders, technology team leadership and subject matter experts to analyze, design, build and implement API's needed within the organization. You will also be in charge of implementation, documentation, and integration of a variety of software platforms through the REST API framework. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enables us to deliver and improve on the product quickly.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Capable of API delivery end to end which includes Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and Delivery of API(s).
• Develop and deploy API policies using Apigee Edge Platform
• Understand creation and deployment of API led design strategy, API usage framework, and project team API enablement guidance as a core member of the service delivery team.
• Effectively communicates project expectations, issues, risks, and decisions to project team and business stakeholder related to API implementation
• Designs, Develops and prototypes cloud deployed, and DevOps enabled scalable solutions to business problems in alignment with the architecture direction and standards.
• Implement common APIs based on architecture guidelines and framework related to logging, authentication, security, error recovery etc.
• Participate in an agile delivery process, and as part of that help size stories and own, research and recommend new solutions
• Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices especially Swagger and OpenAPI 3.0, REST, SOAP, MQ, JSON, Microservices etc.
• Experience in using Apigee Edge and Micro-gateway for development of API proxies.
• Knowledge of authentication, authorization of services via OAuth 2
• Test capability SoapUI, Selenium, Cucumber, Postman
• Awareness of software design principles and integration patterns in general and of consuming and creating REST and SOAP web services in particular
• Past work experience with
• Java, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate
• Relational and/or non-relational databases
• JMS, queues, publishing to and subscribing from topics
• Unit testing with JUnit.
• CI/CD tools Jenkins, Maven, Jira, Bitbucket
• Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)