Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Duration: 5 Months
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
Serves as a technical expert to lower level engineers. Acts as a liaison between the The Application Sustain SME provides daily production support for a suite of IT applications and ensures normal operations. This role assists in systems analysis of the technical environment and collaborates with other members to maintain and improve system/application performance and stability.
The application is Java-based and runs on Red Hat Linux and Solaris. It utilizes Apache, WebLogic and Oracle database.
• Develop deep understanding of the business needs for the supported application(s)
• Develop deep understanding of the technical aspects of the supported application(s)
• Involved in release transition and designing of monitoring strategies for new functionalities within an Agile environment
• Implement and maintain system/application automation using Java, shell scripts or other tools
• Troubleshoot application issues
• Drive and perform application maintenance tasks (monitoring, troubleshooting, upgrades, system testing, etc.)
• Comply with Incident, Change, & Release Management, IT Risk & Compliance standards
• Create and maintain application documentation
• Bachelors’ degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• 3+ years’ experience with Java applications development or level 3 support
• 3+ years’ experience with SQL query
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
• Technical aptitude, attention to detail, and strong problem-solving capabilities
• Knowledge in ITSM for incident, problem, change, and release management and CMDB
• Experience in configuring monitoring tools such as Splunk, ScienceLogic, AppDynamics is a plus
• Experience with LDAP and RSA is a plus
• AWS and Dev/Ops experience a plus
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.