Oracle Essbase/EPM (Planning Cloud) Engineer
: Oracle Essbase/EPM (Planning Cloud) Engineer
Compensation: $70.00 to $80.00 hourly
Duration: 12 months+
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Oracle Essbase/EPM (Planning Cloud) Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus 7 years of related professional experience.
- Degree in technology and/or Finance related area preferred.
- 7+ years development and analysis experience with Essbase & EPM Planning Cloud.
- Experience with Large-scale Essbase implementations with proven success.
- Experience interacting effectively with customers at all levels of the enterprise.
- Excellent skills and ability to layout industry standard framework for Financial Planning and Analysis in Essbase and EPM / Planning Cloud.
- Must exhibit strong thought leadership.
- Excellent experience in all aspects of Essbase design and maintenance. Including maintenance of servers and applications, including both ASO/BSO databases, calculation scripts, report scripts and data load rules.
- Excellent experience understanding automation using batch, MAXL and EPMAutomate
- Familiarity with financial and accounting processes related to budgeting, allocation, reporting and forecasting.
- Proficient in using MS Office products, specifically MS Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of both native security and Shared Services security.
- Experience in developing technical documentation.
- Skillful at applying business and technical skills to drive innovation and performance improvement.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity
- Excellent written and oral communication, as well as good organizational and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment during the business close cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the unique needs of the customer and translate to actionable results while delivering high quality outcomes.
- Ability to influence and motivate individuals and teams to drive mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Ability to provide guidance and instruction to less experienced associates.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Must exhibit strong customer service orientation.
- Must be willing to be on-call as needed.
- Windows / Linux Servers – ability to install / patch software
- Essbase version 11.2 & Future Versions
- Planning Cloud
- MS Excel and VBA
- MS Power BI
- Other Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure etc.) (Preferred)
- NetSuite (Saved Searches) (Not required)
- OneCloud (Not required)
- The Essbase/EPM Engineer role is to provide support and maintenance for the existing Essbase/EPM servers, applications, data interfaces, define and recommend Essbase strategies and document best practices.
- This role will be a hands-on developer position working with Essbase and EPM applications with strong background in Hyperion Planning and Essbase administration.
- This role also requires financial analysis experience to better understand the business needs and translate these requirements to executable solutions to provide streamlined and stable financial analysis, planning and reporting.
- Apply patches, certificates and upgrades as needed.
- Maintenance and support of the Hyperion Planning databases ensuring peak operating efficiency and minimal downtimes.
- Identifying and resolving issues that impact usability and system performance.
- Work directly with clients and/or functional analysts to identify, analyze requirements, translate them into Functional/Technical/design specifications, with details on the approach, to address and resolve the business needs.
- Incorporates Enterprise and Essbase/EPM Strategy in design solutions.
- Maintain existing servers, applications, design new applications and various processes.
- Functional and Technical expertise (blend of technical / functional skills) to properly transition from the requirements phase of projects to the technical design, implementation, and transition phases.
- Accountable for end-to-end design and development phases of projects.
- Provides expert technical support for Hyperion Essbase and Planning Cloud.
- Ability to build and maintain data feeds from source systems including NetSuite (SQL and Saved Searches)
- Ability to maintain and understand automation of systems, including MAXL, EPMAutomate and OneCloud
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.