Title: Curriculum Developer
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Compensation: $25.00 to $27.00 per hour
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Curriculum Developer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Education, Human Resources or a related area, or equivalent combination of education, training and relevant work experience required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with Learning Management Systems
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Experience planning, organizing, securing and managing project resources
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), authoring tools (AdobeCaptivate) and Microsoft Office and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal and presentation skills to drive results
- Understand regulatory standards, various local, state and federal laws that apply to the business and where to find information on standards and interpretations
- Understands complex problems to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
- Ability to make decisions, which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications to limited scope or impact, etc. and/or to make presentations outside the immediate work area
- Overnight travel required up to 30% of the time
- Ability to carry or lift up to 25 lbs
- Standing and walking up to 3 hours with minimal amount of bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing and twisting
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Applies best practices and principles of curriculum development. Understanding of adult learning theories and pedagogy, Demonstrated ability to apply theory and principles that applies these theories to the creation of training materials
- Provide technical expertise, evaluate content and make recommendations on incorporating all facets of corporate training programs into business operations. Review and approve documentation as needed to ensure accuracy, compliance, completeness and mitigate risk.
- Provide analytical support for the design and development of training curricula or courseware standards.
- Support standards and guidelines for use of the LMS. Train users and provide learning support and troubleshooting for the LMS.
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them. Design instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product.
- Work as part of a project team to support the further implementation and enhancement of user interfaces, manage documentation, workflows and change control processes company-wide.
- Interface with multiple functional groups and subject matter experts to ensure curriculum content and methods meet legal, regulatory and corporate objectives.
- Partner in the development and implementation of classroom, web-based and other media training programs for all employees designed to promote knowledge of the corporate code of conduct policies, legal and regulatory requirements of the organization’s business.
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process. Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games etc.).
- Participate in documentation/document approval procedures for deviations in corporate policy, training records, work
- instructions and Plateau SOP.
- Keep abreast of developments in new technologies and techniques by reviewing current literature, participating in educational programs, attending workshops and professional conferences.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.