Information Security Specialist
Title: Information Security Specialist
Location: State College, PA
Duration: 4 Months
Compensation: $25.00 to $35.00 per hour
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Information Security Specialist
- Install, configure, upgrade and monitor security appliances and software such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems, etc.
- Networking knowledge including subnetting, VLANS and routing
- Microsoft Certifications such as MCP, MCITP, MCSE, MCSA
- Experience as network administrator
- The IT Security Specialist installs configures and troubleshoots security systems on servers, network equipment and telecommunication systems hardware and software. Additionally, they provide end user support related to security issues with software, hardware and peripherals. They possess a basic working knowledge of computer networking and network troubleshooting and ensure all end user security problems are resolved in a timely manner by prioritizing support tickets; including in-person, remote or phone support.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Install, configure, upgrade and monitor security appliances and software such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems, etc. Monitor network activity to identify issues early and communicate them to IT teams. Interfaces with IT management and other IT personnel for overall security standardization. Perform additional security and infrastructure duties as directed by management. Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school OR Minimum of six years network/computer experience and/or training OR Equivalent combination of education and experience Certificates and Licenses: None required.
- Possesses technical knowledge and is capable of administering the standard network operating system environment. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees in the organization. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds Desired Qualifications:
- Networking knowledge including subnetting, VLANS and routing Knowledge using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint Microsoft Certifications such as MCP, MCITP, MCSE, MCSA Networking certifications such as network+, security+ Knowledge of ITAR and EAR regulations
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is an office based job May be frequently exposed to the risk of electrical shock, radiation and moderate noise levels.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.