Sr. Test Engineer
Title: Senior Test Engineer
Location: Glendale, California
Duration: 18 months
Compensation: $80-$86 per hour
Work Requirements: Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for Senior Test Engineer in Glendale, California.
Testing tracks will include Functional Testing, End to End Testing, Financial Integration Testing (FIT), Security Testing, Accessibility Testing (ADA), Performance Testing, Failover Testing, Search Engine Optimization, and User Acceptance Testing.
Key responsibilities include:
● Understand the testing effort by analyzing the project requirements and architecture
● Organize the testing kick-off meeting
● Define the testing strategy
● Develop a testing plan across multiple testing workstreams including all tasks, dependencies and participants required for each test
● Arrange and plan for the hardware, software, environments and data requirements across the various testing tracks
● Track testing tasks and deliverables and follow up to ensure completion
● Maintain all testing documentation including test cases and related artifacts
● Coordinate the creation of required test data
● Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per standards defined by the organization.
● Keep track of the new requirements / change in requirements of the Project
● Escalate any issues pertaining to testing or project requirements (Software, Hardware, Resources) to Program Manager
● Organize the status meetings and prepare status reports as directed by Program Manager
● Attend Program meetings and present weekly status
● Coordinate testing activities with all vendors and testing teams external to the project, including scheduling, criteria and sign offs
● Track and prepare the report of testing activities such as test results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines etc.
● Review various reports prepared by Test engineers.
● Ensure the timely delivery of testing milestones.
Tools and Technologies in use include the following:
● IBM Sterling OMS
● Island Pacific
● Google Cloud Bigtable
● Oracle Retail POS
● Salesforce Commerce Cloud
● Custom Finance and Payment tools integrating with e.g. SAP Fi/Co, Accertify, WorldPay
QE and Automation Tools:
● Maven/Jenkins +Allure plugin
● Google Cloud Platform
● Elastic Search
● Salesforce Business Manager
The following qualifications are required for consideration for this role:
● Direct management and accountability for testing in a complex architecture
● 4-7 years of relevant work experience in software delivery with an online retailer, ideally in eCommerce, marketing, merchandising, or operations; Consulting experience is a plus
● Experience with Order Management Systems and other Retail Technologies preferred
● Strong project leader with at least 4 years of experience in leading large, multidisciplinary testing teams
● Experience in a matrixed responsibility organization working with multiple stakeholders per effort
● Strong experience facilitating the gathering and development of requirements for complex solutions
● Possesses significant practical experience in the basics of project management (estimation, project planning, resource planning, issue management, risk management, change management, communication planning).
● Experienced in multiple full lifecycle software deliveries from development to final software acceptance
● Proven accomplishment as a driver of multiple concurrent workstreams.
● Demonstrated analysis/assessment capabilities
● Able to confidently lead teams to achieve testing objectives
● Able to work both collaboratively and independently while maintaining a high level of productivity
● Able to work under tight timetables and high pressure situations
● Thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to juggle, shift gears, and maintain a sense of humor; deliver under extreme deadlines and intense business environment
● Must possess excellent business communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
● Proactive and solution-oriented when managing issues
● Comfortable when communicating with executive level (Directors, VPs) in presentations, working sessions, and 1-on-1 interactions
● Practiced in negotiating with others in ways that result in win/win agreements and outcomes
● Must be open to coaching and guidance
● Exhibit good judgment skills on when to seek guidance and when to escalate risks and issues
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.