ME Designer and Prototyper
Location: Mountain View, CA
Duration: 6 months+
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a ME Designer and Prototyper in Mountain View, CA.
- 3+ years of architecture and packaging experience in 3D CAD programs (experience with Catia V5 or V6 is a plus). Should consider yourself a CAD expert.
- Hands on experience working with manufacturers to prototype parts and assemble complex systems with many electronic components
- Experience designing around electrical systems and wire/connector packaging and routing
- Experience designing for the automotive or other rugged environment
- Understanding of best practices for parametric 3D CAD
- 5+ years of professional experience designing mechanical parts in Catia V5 or V6
- Demonstrated deep manufacturing experience in two or more methods - injection molding, die casting, stamping, machining, sheet metal.
- Understanding of heat transfer and good thermal designs (free convection, forced convection, as well as liquid cooling and radiators)
- Experience with manufacturing from EVT through PVT.
- Minimum requirement: BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-6 years of mechanical engineering experience
- Create detailed 3D models of metal, plastic, sheet metal, and cast parts from concept sketches and design brainstorms
- Work within a complex CAD framework with many components and maintain excellent CAD hygiene and revision control
- Make detailed design tradeoffs that result in simple, elegant solutions that can readily be prototyped quickly but also moved over to mass manufacturing
- Work with manufacturers to prototype parts and install them on vehicles for testing.
- Review feedback from manufacturing partners and adjust mechanical designs as needed
- Perform tolerance analysis on critical features in large assemblies
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.