Senior Test Engineer, Embedded OS and Power Management
: Senior Test Engineer, Embedded OS and Power Management
Location: Plantation, FL
Duration: 6 months+
Compensation: Up to $85.00 per hour
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Test Engineer, Embedded OS and Power Management – Contractor in Plantation, FL.
- 8+ years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications with a minimum of 5 of those years having an emphasis on linux kernel and power management testing
- Expert on Linux OS, middleware, kernel, and device drivers
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must
- Hands-on experience with manual and/or automated testing of embedded devices is desired
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
- Expertise with one or more programming languages, such as C, C++, C#
- Scripting knowledge of Python, Powershell and Shell scripting is desirable
- Good troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of test data analysis, statistics, and test reports
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS in Computer Science is required
- MS is preferred
- Senior SDET for system test development and validation of our Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world.
- Position will target the validation of the kernel component of our OS as well as the power management functionality throughout the platform.
- Includes the integration and validation of code provided by our chip manufacturers into our platform
- As a SDET, you will work with the development and program management teams to define, develop, and execute test cases that will allow us to perform validation of the sensors, algorithms, services, and components that make up our embedded OS.
- Low Level Drivers
- Boot Up Sequence
- HW / SW interoperability
- Includes the validation of the power management aspects of the platform
- Current Consumption per component is met for active, standby and sleep modes
- Active states as well as the associated functionality are resumed when the device wakes from Standby or Sleep modes
- Current profiling to ensure Safety aspects of the product are met to defined standards, which includes verifying the charging requirements
- Analyze various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- This includes being able to analyze logs to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it
- Review integrated code change to isolate which one might be causing a failure within a release
- Define and develop utilities / tools to accomplish the assigned testing
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.