Sr Data Engineering Manager
Title: Sr Data Engineering Manager
Location: Miramar, FL ( onsite/ hybrid)
Duration: Contract to Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in US.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Sr Data Engineering Manager.
The Senior Manager, Data Solutions Engineering is a technical manager who is responsible for leading the data engineering functions by delivering enterprise curated data solutions that enables our enterprise-wide Data and AI platform to drive business value and customer success. S/He will lead the development of very large and complex data initiatives on premises as well cloud environments directly impacting the design, architecture, and implementation of company’s data products. This role will be responsible for coordinating with stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate deliverables and leadership for the development of technical standards. S/he will be responsible for growing and mentoring team members and align with strategic direction for the data engineering goals.
- Leads, motivates, coaches, empowers a team or multiple teams in the design, build and delivery of enterprise class data products that are reusable and non-perishable using industry and company’s best practices and standards
- Leads multi-functional large-scale projects through close collaboration with multiple engineering, technical program management, analytics teams, and product managers on security, tools, architecture, planning, and delivery of multiple concurrent projects
- Establishes and ensures best practices for the software development lifecycle including solution architecture, build, and test
- Establishes operational and technical strategies for Data Engineering including the development of standards, roadmaps, and delivery.
- Develops and leverages collaborative relationships within and across the organization to build solutions that will enable data analysis, exploration capabilities to add business value to company achieve results.
- Provides technical leadership in building foundational systems designed and developed for the enterprise
- Develops project and funding proposals for programs that provide continuous delivery of cost-effective data solutions that meet business requirements
- Develops and track staffing plans and ensures the team is adequately staffed with skilled professionals.
- Leads recruitment efforts to attract, retain high quality and diverse talent
- Encourages and inspires others to imagine better approaches, create solutions, embrace change, and facilitate change to achieve business outcomes.
- Drives the maturity and adoption of our current analytics capabilities by progressing from traditional BI to true Analytics to take advantage of the emerging technologies around Descriptive and Predictive Analytics.
- Anticipates and analyzes trends in technology while assessing the emerging technologies impacts
- Works with product and enterprise teams via both Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- Required Education:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related technology, or equivalent experience
- Required Years of Experience:
- 5 + years senior-level IT experience developing and managing Data Engineering , which includes leading a team- Expert-level skills in SQL, ETL/ELT, data warehousing - Experience with Agile software development
- Desired Skills:
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts;
- Effective verbal, presentation, written and listening communications skills
- Expertise in leading teams optimizing ETL processes, developing data & analytics solutions and platforms to solve complex scenarios in an agile manner.
- Experience with any Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience developing and implementing analytical capabilities and applications using Azure Cloud and Big Data technologies
- Expertise in various data integration and data engineering approaches
- Remain current with industry best practices, trends, innovation, and emerging technologies in data & analytics solutions and tools in the marketplace
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.