Sr Fire Alarm Technician
Title: Sr Fire Alarm Technician
Location: Louisville, KY
Duration: Contract to Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Sr Fire Alarm Technician
- The primary function of this position is to service, troubleshoot and repair low voltage panels, wiring and devices. Typically works on more complex issues. May perform some programming.
- Services, troubleshoots and repairs low voltage panels, wiring and devices.
- Provides reliable, high quality customer support.
- Provides customer instruction on system operation and functionality.
- Performs system testing and signal verification.
- Maintains the necessary truck stock/inventory (equipment and tools).
- Organizes and utilizes technical resources, information, material, and support to ensure efficient execution of assigned tasks.
- Ensures the progress and completion of assigned tasks.
- Provides documentation of service and hours worked.
- Completes and submits all required task-related activities, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must complete other projects, as assigned.
- Minimum of High School Diploma/Vocational Training.
- Must have three (3) or more years of experience.
- Must have a mastery knowledge of trouble shooting commercial intrusion systems, fire systems, CCTV, intercom access control systems.
- Must have a working knowledge to full understanding of local/national codes.
- Must be able to read plans, use a variety of tools and install panels, boxes and wiring accordingly.
- Requires knowledge of OSHA, HAZCOM Regulations and comprehension of national electronic code, state and local construction codes.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to clear a drug screening.
- Must retain NICET Level I Certification (for fire alarm systems only).
- Must obtain NICET Level II within one (1) year (for fire alarm systems only).
- Must obtain and retain any specific product certifications and/or licenses that are required by national, state and local codes.
- Requires 50 % to 75 % proficiency in Company’s product offerings.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and harsh work environments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral, depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires, ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with "on call availability" and must be able to travel on short notice.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for extended time periods.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.