Systems Engineer II
Location: Sunrise, FL
Duration: Contract to Hire
Compensation: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 annually
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Systems Engineer II in Sunrise, FL
• A minimum 8 years of experience in the IT field.
• A minimum 5 years of Microsoft Windows (2003/2008) Server Systems engineering, administration and troubleshooting
• A minimum 3 years of Microsoft Windows Server solution design and implementation.
• Microsoft MCITP / MCSE (Solutions Expert) Server Infrastructure certification
• IT related experience
• Project Management Skills
• Information security and PCI experience a plus
• Networking experiences a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory/Group Policy (2008 Domain)
• Advanced knowledge of VMWare v5 include HA, DRS, Storage vMotion and SRM.
• Advanced knowledge of Dell EqualLogic SAN, EMC VNX
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010, SharePoint 2013, Lync 2013
• Advanced knowledge of CommVault Simpana v10 backup solution
• Advanced knowledge of Symantec Enterprise Endpoint Protection v12
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
• Advanced knowledge of Cisco UCS
• Advanced knowledge of Server hardening
• Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP
• High level knowledge of applications troubleshooting in an enterprise environment.
• Advanced server class hardware trouble shooting skills.
• Capability of configuring servers from both a hardware (including advanced RAID, iSCSI and SAN configurations) and software perspective.
• High-level project management skills.
• Effective written/verbal communication skills are necessary in order to communicate with all levels of personnel (from end-user to senior management).
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
• Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to apply analytical and interpersonal skills to solve problems across a broad range of situations with a variety of variables.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Must maintain a good working relationship with management, IT personnel, as well as end users.
• Work with other supporting team in the planning of server infrastructure strategy and continuous improvement plans.
• Work with security, disaster recovery, and other vendors providing required services to the server infrastructure.
• Work with the IT Application Development group and, when necessary, end users to stay abreast of changes within the production processing environment and to assist in the resolution of production processing problems.
• Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
• Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence and faxes.
• Act, dress, and behave in a professional manner to reflect a positive image of the company.
Other Duties And Responsibilities:
• Design and implements new server based hardware and software components as required.
• Design and upgrades server based hardware and software components as required.
• Deployment of all patches to desktops and servers,
• Test existing, new and upgraded servers and server based hardware and software components to assure reliability of systems within the existing network infrastructure.
• Updates and maintains documentation relevant to server based hardware and software.
• Provides support to the end user and junior technicians in a level III support capacity as required.
• Work with others in supporting team to continually improvement monitoring and tuning of all network infrastructure systems and related products in terms of workload, capacity planning, and system performance.
• Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations affecting Company.
• Responsible for participating in quality assurance, compliance and in-service and continuing education activities as requested by Company.
• Responsible for performing other duties and responsibilities as required.
Our benefits package includes:
• Comprehensive Medical Benefits
• Competitive Pay, 401K
• Retirement Plan
• And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.