Manual QA Tester
Manual QA Tester (IT)
Location: Davie, FL
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a QA Tester in Davie, FL.
- 5 years of related experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst
- Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff
- Comprehensive knowledge of the field's policies, procedures, and practices
- Progressive QA experience with software delivery, 3rd party software implementations, and maintenance
- Experience in manual and automated testing
- Mobile application testing experience
- Functional and strong performance testing
- Proven success in leading all delivery stakeholders in the implementation and adoption of testing frameworks
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Working knowledge of Project Management and Testing tools (MS Project, JIRA, Selenium, SOAP UI tools desirable)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Outlook)
- Understanding of QA process for software development, debugging and release
- Ability to objectively review and qualify objective data
- The Quality Assurance Tester Engineer performs manual testing on all internally developed applications, with an eye toward development for automated testing of both web based and service based technology.
- The QA Tester / Engineer works with development and the business to plan the testing approach and then execute on the plan.
- Successful candidates should possess excellent communication skills, be methodical in their testing process and pay close attention to detail.
- Working in an Agile development environment, the candidate must contribute to sprint planning efforts by evaluating complexity and estimating level of effort for tasks, troubleshooting issues and ensuring sprint goals can be met.
- Tests and evaluates in-house and third-party software to ensure compliance with organizational standards and requirements.
- Plan, create and maintain test environments for various use cases.
- Review specifications, create/edit test suites, and identify areas where test suites need improvement.
- Validate applications against specifications, using documented test procedures, report defects using JIRA.
- Perform regression, integration and release testing for applications.
- Collect and report metrics for test runs.
- Collaborate with other team members, software developers and management to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Provide software engineers and developers with necessary analysis to establish matrixes and measurements for quality reporting to IT management.
- Engage in full life cycle of testing and Quality Assurance practices, in multiple types of project methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile.
- Testing for package, custom and mobile applications.
- Works on multiple high priority projects concurrently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields preferred.
Our benefits package includes:
- ComprehensiveMedical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.