Network Security Engineer (Palo Alto)
Title: Network Security Engineer
Location: Hollywood, FL
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain network and network security platforms and their associated software, such as firewalls, network IDS/IPS, VPN gateways, load balancers/reverse proxies, 802.1X/RADIUS network access control servers, wireless LAN controllers (WLCs), routers, and switches.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain both North/South and East/West network segmentation for a variety of unique business use cases, regulatory compliance requirements, and security best practices via firewall rulesets, router ACLs, and network switch VLAN configurations.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain web filtering. ? Work with Systems and Information Security teams to design, implement, and secure internal and public-facing load-balanced applications.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain both client remote access and site-to-site VPNs.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain 802.1X wired and wireless network access via WLCs, network switches, and 802.1X/RADIUS network access control servers.
- Ensure network security best practices are implemented on all routers, switches, firewalls, and other network systems.
- Work closely with other teams such as Public Safety, Public Works, Systems, and Information Security to develop and maintain network security based on organizational structure and HIPAA, CJIS, PCI, and E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield regulatory compliance requirements.
- Expert knowledge of networking technologies, including enterprise route/switch and wireless.
- Expert knowledge of network security technologies, including Palo Alto Networks 3000/5000 series and Cisco ASA 5500/X series firewalls, Panorama Palo Alto Networks firewall management, network IDS/IPS, Citrix Netscaler SDX load balancers/reverse proxies, and Cisco 802.1X network accesses control via Cisco ISE version 2.x RADIUS authentication server.
- Experience with multifactor authentication (MFA) integration via RADIUS is a plus.
- Experience with Cisco 4300/4400 series and ASR routers, Cisco 3850/Catalyst 9000 series switches, Cisco Nexus 7000/9000 series switches, Cisco WLCs, and experience with Cisco ACI are highly desirable.
- Experience with Cisco ASA IPsec and SSL/TLS VPN configuration.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks and controls, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT, and NIST CSF and 800-53 is a plus.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, CJIS, and PCI is a plus.
- Possession of one or more active network security or information security certifications, such as CCNP Security, PCNSE, CCP-N, CISSP, and Security+. CCNP Security and PCNSE are preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Palo Alto Networks firewall experience.
- Minimum of five (3) years of Cisco networking (route/switch/wireless) experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- The ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.