Title: Network Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 month Contract, potential hire
Compensation: $50-$76 per hour DOE
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in US
(NO Visa sponsorship/transfer available for this role)
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Network Engineer in San Francisco, CA
- l B.S. degree in computer science and/or equivalent experience in an enterprise IT environment.
- l Minimum of 4 years prior experience in network and communications systems
- l Knowledge of routers, firewalls, switches and related network equipment and appliances in a multiprotocol environment, including but not limited to: Juniper, Ruckus, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, A10, Arista, Aruba, Pulse Secure
- l Have knowledge of OSPF, BGP & VRF routing concepts.
- l Knowledge of WiFi technologies and security
- l Familiar with Fabric Path technologies, MPLS, VxLAN, IP/ARP/MAC/Spanning-tree issues and configurations.
- l Able to troubleshoot VLAN and physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting access-list, NAT issues.
- l Have knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, flags and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues using wireshark, tcpdump, snoop, iperf.
- l Familiar with Windows, Mac and Linux OS clients including the ability to troubleshoot network configuration and performance issues for those
- l Experience with scripting and automation in Python, Powershell, bash or other language
- l Ability to learn new applications and systems on the job is required.
Our benefits package includes:
Comprehensive Medical Benefits
401K Retirement Plan
And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.