Location: Charlotte, NC
Target Comp: $76-80/hr
Work Requirements: Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US as a W2 employee.
Overview: We are looking for a talented, proactive and results-oriented software engineer to maintain and enhance a CI/CD build system for our customer facing web applications. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with a group of top-notch software engineers.
Digital Tech Stack NICE TO HAVES: WebPack, Grunt, Kubernetes, GitLab, GitHub Actions...
- Managed and maintained a 24x7 CI environment (such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions, GitLab, GoCD, Concourse) with hundreds of build jobs
- Breath of knowledge on a variety of techniques and tools in the areas of build, test, deploy, and release.
- Have created and managed software package dependencies (such as: NPM, CocoaPods, deb, dmg)
- Ability to script in bash, python, go, or ruby
- Familiar with Linux and MacOS systems
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Experience with mono-repos and distributed build systems
- As a build and release engineer you will be responsible for managing all aspects of build and release not limited to:
- ---Analyzing build cycle-time and optimizing software release
- ---Implementing software release pipeline for all components to integrate, test and deploy to production
- ---Developing self-service tools to enable developer efficiency for build and release tasks
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exercise critical thinking skills, anticipating the needs of others
- Be an independent learner, insatiably curious, and know when to ask for help
- Demonstrate willingness to ask for clarification and context to understand the big picture
- Find multiple solutions to a problem, evaluate tradeoffs, and decide the best approach
- Have strong coding ability and testing mindset, e.g. CI/CD, high code coverage, chaos engineering
- Understand, retain, and perform complex procedures
- Be proficient with Git
- Communicate status frequently to product teams and engineering program managers
- Document new processes or update an existing wiki pages
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Retirement Plan
- And more!