Lead Agile Coach
: Lead Agile Coach
Location: Detroit, MI
Work Requirements: Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US as a W2 employee.
Overview: The Sr. Agile Lead, works hand in hand supporting the Agile Manager. This role serves to help the Agile Squads (Scrum Masters & Product Owners) perform at their highest level. This involves removing any impediments to progress.
- Facilitates the sizing of stories during the planning sprint, backlog grooming, or sprint planning sessions for the team.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with business owners, product owners, project sponsors, vendors and key clients.
- Establishing team level cadence and driving team level ceremonies (e.g. sprint planning, team retrospectives, backlog grooming, etc.)
- Work with the teams to drive the definition and refinement of the program and team backlogs.
- Escalate to leadership where needed and where possible to remove impediments for the team(s).
- Maintain metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on team-level progress and quality.
- Act as a liaison to assigned program manager and project managers. Take responsibility for managing dependencies between the program team and third parties, release managers, or between the team and other scrum teams.
- Provide real time feedback to the methodology team based on Agile experience.
- Ensures scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests and critical issues are effectively communicated to appropriately.
- Conducts formal review with business sponsor at project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Tracks and measures client satisfaction levels and make and implement recommendations.
- Generates appropriate communication, process and educational plans for mitigating the disruption of change while facilitating identification and removal of obstacles to change.
- Identify and remove technical and/or organizational challenges standing in the way of allowing your team to reach its full potential.
- 10+ years of Agile, Agile Transformation and Agile Transition, Coaching and mentoring required.
- Able to use JIRA and Confluence heavily, and train others in these tools at an beginner, intermediate and advanced level.
- Ability to keep team engaged and on task, and leadership apprised of any potential risks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant field of study
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM or related certification strongly preferred)
- Thorough understanding and experience working with both in all agile practices and methodologies on large scale, technically complex projects.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and programs.
- Thorough understanding of Agile execution, transformation, JIRA and Confluence.
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Data driven analysis skills for measuring and managing delivery.
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to understand and communicate business, resource and technical issues.
- Highly adaptable to changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams.
- Situational awareness of when to listen and when to be assertive.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.