Applications Support Manager
Title: Applications Support Manager Location: Davie, FL Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US Overview: TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for an Applications Support Manager in Davie, FL. Description: The incumbent in this position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the support, development and/or implementation of new applications and techniques while responding to the advanced computing needs of users and/or internal and external customers. The individual in this position serves as a member of the IT management team in the allocation of resources, facilities and personnel to support application programs and projects. The individual supervises the Application's Support Team which administers, designs, implements and supports software custom and commercial software deliverables to meet requirements and specifications. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology and is an exempt position. Responsibilities:
- The listed duties are only illustrative and are not intended to describe every function that may be performed by this position. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed, if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
- Manage the applications support team to support a portfolio of business applications and make modification when necessary.
- Manage the implementation and support of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) software.
- Manage the custom building of applications for specific business needs when COTS software in not available.
- Manage the relationship with external software development vendors.
- Oversees and coordinates the day-to-day activities of technical and support staff including work allocation, training, and problem resolution.
- Responds to inquiries, researches and resolves problems related to transactions handled by the Applications Support Team.
- Serves as liaison with other constituencies in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational issues.
- Provides innovative, workable solutions to a wide range of technical problems and business processes.
- Supervises and provides technical leadership on a range of programs and projects.
- Serves as program/project manager as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of state-of-the-art technology relative to high performance computing and associated specialized technical/applications areas.
- Participates as a member of departmental management in the planning and allocation of human and facilities resources.
- Communicates system changes and issues to all levels.
- Coordinates testing of system modifications.
- Coordinates with third party vendors for compatibility with current data base and operating system versions.
- Oversees and contributes to the design and development of application and systems, or redesign of existing system to fulfill Tribe's needs.
- Evaluates maintenance or problem areas and determines appropriate action.
- Provides emergency maintenance on broken programs.
- Designs, maintains and solves process flow as needed.
- Performs managerial tasks including but not limited to hiring, termination, disciplinary and promotional suggestions.
- Performs investigation of production system problems and facilitates resolution.
- Provides expert advice as requested.
- Provides training for less tenured programmers and develops their skill set as needed.
- Performs other miscellaneous related duties.
- Knowledge of Lawson ERP
- Knowledge of custom programming languages
- Knowledge of Commercial Off The Shelf software implementations
- Knowledge of PC applications.
- Knowledge in Computer hardware and software, telephone; and related tool and equipment necessary to perform job functions.
- Knowledge of all aspects of software development process, including requirements, design, implementation and unit testing.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret end user information requirements, and to develop appropriate systems and/or applications solutions.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long range goals.
- Skill in the utilization of organizational management principles, methods, and techniques.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in high performance computing applications.
- Familiarity with a variety of system concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to plan, organize and adapt within an intensive multi-tasking environment, requiring simultaneous management of multiple projects.
- Ability to manage and mentor technical staff in the provision of support services to users and customers.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate high level of motivation, initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to effectively interact with others, including users with little technical knowledge.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines, as well as multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or equivalent is required. Master's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in the management of an applications support staff.
- Minimum of three (3) years in developing custom applications or working with commercial software in support of business functions.
- Considerable experience in the analysis and implementation of technology systems and considerable experience in managing and directing others and in application systems development and project management is required.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.