Data Warehouse Analyst - Power BI
: Data Warehouse Analyst - Power BI
Work Requirements: Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US as a W2 employee.
Overview: Seeing an experienced Data Warehouse Analyst with extensive Power BI knowledge to work alongside key organizational stakeholders in Finance, Operations and Sales to automate data feeds into Power BI, identifying potential use cases and recommendations.
This role will work with the business analyst and business leaders to provide training on Power BI dashboards and reports development/enhancements/maintenance. This person will need to have technical expertise in, and will also provide on-going technical support for, the Microsoft Data Warehouse platform.
- Data warehouse enhancement, development and management
- Create dashboards and interactive visual reports using Power BI
- Develop multiple BI data model(s) from prototype to production in parallel to support organizational BI goals
- Understand business requirements in BI context and design data models to transform raw data into meaningful insights.
- Implement best practices for design and data ingestions for data warehouse including integration with Power BI working with SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS
- Analyzing data and present data through reports that aid decision-making
- Analyze and recommend proper memory and workload configuration within the Power BI service.
- Setup workspace, dataflow, dataset, and report access based on user groups.
- Convert business requirements into technical specifications
- Create relationships between data and develop tabular and other multidimensional data models
- Design, develop, test, and deploy Power BI scripts
- Analyze current ETL process, define and design new systems
- Redefine and make technical/strategic changes to enhance existing Business Intelligence systems
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining data & analytics solutions for the company leveraging the Microsoft product suite
- Perform SQL querying; utilize graphs and filters and graphs as necessary to understand data
- Maintain currency in data transformation from data warehouse to BI layer to optimize ETL’s and data model(s)
- Implement process improvements (Automation, Query and Model optimization)
- Serve as SME in Power BI, Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse
- Create and maintain clear functional & technical documentation to assist developers and business users.
- Demonstrated experience and strong acumen across the Microsoft PowerBI Suite including DAX, SQL, SSAS, Report Builder, Power Query, Data Model integration with Excel and integration with SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS
- 5+ years of SQL Server experience and optimizing SQL queries
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Data Warehouse, Data Lake and Data Factory
- Experience developing and supporting cloud data solutions in Azure
- Development experience in the Microsoft PowerApp Suite preferred
- Demonstrated ability to gather and articulate business and technical requirements
- Knowledge of data design, data modeling, data management, and data visualization
- Ability to learn and respond quickly to the fast-changing business environment
- Ability to multitask and excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical mindset with a problem-solving approach
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar education from an accredited college or equivalent certifications preferred