Programmer Analyst- Snowflake/DBT
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: Contract to Hire
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for Programmer Analyst- Snowflake/DBT in Charlotte, NC.
Skillset / Experience:
seeking an IT Senior Programmer Analyst – Snowflake/DBT to join the Data Management team that supports BI and Integrations to help re-engineer their BI solutions. They are moving their Enterprise data warehouse to the Snowflake platform utilizing DBT as our ETL tool. You will play a critical role in the design and development of the new Snowflake data warehouse. This position will be responsible for systems design, data modeling, database, ETL development and data migration for the BI solution on Snowflake. Seeking someone with a positive, can-do attitude with a servant-leader mentality, able to think quick on their feet and outside the box to resolve difficult situations.
· Participates in the requirement gathering sessions to understand the business process, source system functionality and data.
· Participates and actively contributes in designing the BI star schema data model using Kimball methodology.
· Builds database objects and ETL data loads using DBT, SSIS, SnowPipe, Streams Snowflake that meets the technical/functional requirements.
· Creates technical, bus matrix documents for the star schema data models.
· Proactively monitors the system for long running queries, identify bottle necks and propose solutions to optimize queries.
· Educate teammates and business power users on database and ETL best practices
· Participates in rotational on-call support, maintenance activities and other duties as determined by the team.
· 2+ years of hands on experience working with Snowflake and DBT
· 5+ years of hands on experience working on data warehousing projects prior to Snowflake
· 5+ years of hands on experience working with other databases and ETL technologies prior to Snowflake
· Advanced knowledge and understanding of data warehouse concepts using Kimball Methodologies.
· Previous experience working directly with business to determine, document and finalize their data requirements.
· Experience in SSIS and SSRS is a plus.
· Experience with real time data ingestion using API’s, event hubs, azure functions, service bus, Kafka, etc is a plus.
· Support existing Enterprise Data Warehouse while working on new projects.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong Analytical and self-problem-solving abilities
· Strong understanding of data
Our benefits package includes:
· Comprehensive Medical Benefits
· Competitive Pay
· 401K Retirement Plan
· And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.