Title: Administratic Coordinator
Location: Tamarac, FL
Duration: 3+ Months Contract to Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in US.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Administratic Coordinator.
- Under minimal supervision and direction, provides direct, highly responsible support for the Assistant City Manager and City Manager.
- Performs duties to contribute to efficient and effective office operations.
- The functions of the position include secretarial, clerical, and administrative tasks as required.
- Reports to the Assistant City Manager or designee.
- Provides highly responsible direct confidential administrative support to the Assistant City Manager.
- Also provides administrative support to the Assistant to the City Manager, Economic Development Manager, Sr. Strategic Communications Officer, and City Attorney.
- Assists with the Coordination of City Commission Agenda. Reviews legislation for City Commission approval for proper form and sufficiency; and coordinates necessary revisions with departments.
- Attend Agenda
- Review meetings to record follow up information.
- Prepares and enters legislation, as necessary.
- Serves on various Boards and Committees, as necessary. Record and transcribe meeting minutes as required.
- Schedules meetings, monitors and maintains daily calendar for Assistant City Manager and Assistant to the City Manager and other City Manager staff.
- Assists the Assistant City Manager in human resource functions, including preparing confidential correspondence, reports and evaluations.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Schedules employee grievance hearings and attends hearings as necessary to record and transcribe notes for documentation for the City Manager’s Designee as required.
- Ensure response deadlines are met.
- Composes, prepares, and transcribes various correspondence including but not limited to letters, memos, resolutions, ordinances, evaluations, budget reports, charts, agendas, meeting minutes, and reports and agreements.
- Serves as City’s representative for all resident issues in the Citizen Request Tracking system.
- Reviews and answers requests as needed.
- Interacts with other City Departments, elected officials, agencies, and the general public.
- Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality in communicating information and carrying out responsibilities.
- Conducts research and coordinates special projects, as necessary.
- Assists in the preparation of the department’s annual budget including Public Information and Economic Development.
- Supports the Public Information Office and Economic Development as needed.
- Answers phones and receives inquiries from the public.
- Handles inquiries as necessary and/or directs them to the appropriate department.
- Conducts research as needed.
- Works closely with the Executive Assistant with activities of the office and assists with providing secretarial and administrative support to the City Manager.
- Serves in the capacity as the Executive Assistant during absences.
- Enters payroll, purchase requisitions, work orders, check requests, and runs budget reports.
- Assists in monitoring and preparation of budget and input of budget, as necessary.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the Assistant City Manager and other City Manager staff including the Public Information Office and Economic Development
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 Years of Admin Experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Products (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Great communication and level of professionality
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.