Title: Liability Adjuster
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Duration: 6 months – contract to hire
Compensation: $ 35.00- $40.00
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Sr. Analyst, Liability in Boca Raton, FL
Conversion rate upon hire is up to $70K range
**Role will be virtually starting out and once normalcy returns must be on-site in the Boca Corporate office
This position is the first line of defense between the company and the company’s customer or vendor alleging an injury or property damage. The company self-administers this General Liability (GL) claims so there is no Third-Party Administrator (TPA) involved.
This position requires a high level of organization and communication skills, empathy, investigative skills, attention to details, judgment, tenacity, and knowledge of GL claims to handle. The position reports to Risk Management / Treasury and the primary function of this role is the self-administration of GL claims. The role also includes pursuing subrogation for damage caused to company property by a 3rd party, review of employee First Reports of Injury, assistance with the company Stay-At-Work (light duty) program and occasionally handling 1 party property damage claims. The position also works closely with the company s inhouse Legal team on litigated GL claims, oversees the reserve adequacy of claims being handled by the TPA and ensures the TPA is following the company’s Special Handling Instructions.
- Conduct thorough GL claim investigations (securing photos, video, relevant recorded or written statements, facts, etc.) to accurately evaluate liability, causation, and handle the claim to a fair, timely conclusion, documenting your actions and rationale in the file. Deny claims where the company is not liable, however, if that is not the case; set timely accurate reserves, build rapport with the customer/claimant and push the claim to a fair and timely resolution/settlement. Tender claims as appropriate when a Landlord, Logistics provider, service vendor, or other 3rd party is responsible.
- Investigate and pursue subrogation for company damage caused by a 3rd party. Ensure complete documentation and support of all damages (property, business interruption, etc.) and costs. Work with Facilities, Construction, LP, Operations, etc. to handle company 1st party property damage claims that are estimated to exceed company’s deductible. Collaborate with insurer, salver and broker representatives to ensure the claim is reported and handled appropriately.
- Identify safety concerns (including product safety), claims trends and communicate with the Risk Team and other appropriate personnel (Safety & LP, Legal, Design, Quality Assurance, Ops, etc.) to reduce claim frequency and severity
- Attend pre-trial claim mediations when necessary to potentially expedite the resolution of claims in litigation, avoiding the need for a trial.
- Review employee Workers’ Compensation First Reports of Injury to identify serious claims and opportunities, oversee the company Stay-At-Work (light duty) program to ensure proper usage and compliance, and work with TPA and Nurse Case Managers to make appropriate decisions regarding employee work status. Enforce client service Special Handling Instructions to TPA and respond to their requests for surveillance, settlement authority, etc.
- Analyze reports that track the self-administered GL claim results to identify areas to improve. These reports may be shared with Management to identify areas of opportunity and action plans. Produce and coordinate requested ad-hoc reports for Loss Prevention / Management
- Identify product safety concerns and notify Risk team and Safety on these issues. This will enable company to be proactive with any product issues and conduct the appropriate investigation.
Education & Experience:
Bachelors or equivalent work experience
- Four to Seven years of experience of General Liability claim handling. Litigated claim handling experience preferred
- Adjuster’s license preferred
- Information Systems: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Skills and Ability: Excellent written & verbal communications, organization and prioritization skills, attention to detail
- Personal Attributes: Self–Motivated, Independent, Innovative, Analytical, sound judgment, thorough
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day. TekPartners is an Equal