Sr QA Engineer
Title: Sr QA Designer
Location: Charlotte NC
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Job Description from Sr QA Engineer in Charlotte NC
- Develop, implement and refine test strategy, system and regression test objectives
- Hands on test planning, test design using proven test design techniques (static testing, black box testing, white box testing, risk based testing etc.)
- Ensure thorough and optimal coverage by developing and maintaining comprehensive documentation of test suites
- Create complex SQL queries to test data calculations and manipulations
- Create efficient ways to test data deliverables including but not limited to writing code to test code, complex sql queries etc.
- Execute manual and automated testing on the assigned applications and data deliverables
- Champion automated testing by personally creating automated tests and mentoring other junior QA team members in automation tools and techniques
- Report defects and track defects to closure
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on UAT/Production bugs to improve the test coverage
- Train and mentor junior QA engineers; create and share best practices with other QA engineers.
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge. Stay current with QA best practices, methodologies and technologies, and continue to improve the QA processes across the team
- 5 + years of relevant QA experience
- Experience with backend testing and writing SQL statements in order to verify data calculations, manipulations and final excel or SQL deliverables
- Experience testing web based applications, ETL, data platforms, stored procedures
- Experience applying risk based testing techniques, black box test design techniques
- Experience with automated testing for data deliverables in excel and SQL
- Experience writing code to test code (automated scripting using languages such as python, C# etc.)
- Experience mentoring junior QA engineers; sharing best practices
- Experience creating testing status reports and metrics
- Self-starter who can collaborate across different functional groups to ensure the highest quality standard of the production releases
- Familiarity of working in an agile development environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, advanced degree preferred.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.