Big Data Engineer
Title: Big Data Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: End of 2020 then extension or conversion
Target Max Comp: $65 per hour
Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Big Data Engineer in Charlotte, NC.
- Expertise in Data technologies and Big Data tools, like Spark, Kafka, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Pig, Impala, Flume, Oozie, MapReduce, etc.
- Solid knowledge of state-of-the art programming languages like Java, Python, Scala and object-oriented approaches in designing, coding, testing and debugging programs.
- Design, build and maintain Big Data workflows/pipelines to process billions of records in large-scale data environments with experience in end-to-end design and build process of Near-Real Time and Batch Data Pipelines.
- Leads code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards and benchmark application performance by capacity testing.
- Experience with software testing frameworks.
- Leverages DevOps techniques and Experience with DevOps tools - GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Crucible for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and build automation.
- Develop, implement and optimize streaming, data lake, and big data analytics solutions
- Support reusable framework and data governance processes by partnering with LOBs for any code/requirements remediation
- Engage in application design and data modeling discussions also participate in developing and enforcing data security policies
- Knowledge of NoSQL, RDBMS, SQL, JSON, XML and ETL skills are must.
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
- Ability to work independently and drive solutions end to end leveraging various technologies to solve data problems and develop solutions.
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to ensure code is designed with high code coverage
- Passionate for continuous learning, experimenting, applying and contributing towards cutting edge open source technologies and software paradigms
- Ability to research and assess open source technologies and components to recommend and integrate into the design and implementation
- Proven track record of customer satisfaction and delivery success and ability to establish and maintain appropriate relationships with business and IT stakeholders
- Ability to work in an advisory capacity to identify key technical business problems, develop and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations
- Extensive experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.