QA Automation Tester
QA Automation Tester (Multiple Positions)
Location: Charlotte, NC (Fully Remote, Hybrid, or On-Site)
Work Requirements: Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US as a W2 employee.
Overview: The position requires a candidate with at least 8 years' experience developing test scripts and executing various quality assurance and performance load tests.
- Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of SCRUM/Agile, and comfort working with groups in 2 week sprints
- Ability to scope a project and estimate testing needs
- Strong experience in developing performance test plans and performance test scenarios using requirements and design documents while specifying testing overview, approach, strategy, scope, architecture, environment, roles and responsibilities
- Understanding of modern web application technologies, and architecture
- Ability to design and implement testing methods for both end to end, and individual service layers of the application stack
- Experience with Load Runner & Performance Center setup / installations / administration / troubleshoot / R& D
- Ability to identify bottlenecks in performance, and provide actionable information and suggestions
- Ability to determine future performance needs and architectural changes based on the continued growth of the product
- Provide performance benchmark documentation of candidate releases
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly with both technical and non-technical teams
- Excellent understanding of the QA process and lifecycle, from smoke test to integration to user-acceptance, to regression, to final release
- Experience working closely with development engineers and management in a fast-paced technical environment
- Must have "willing to learn" attitude and flexible to change and adapt in a fast pace environment with strict deadlines
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks at a time and manage time and priorities effectively
- Must know how to use Jira, QC and provide support in these tools and development as required
- Create, maintain, and execute automated regression scripts for testing of web-based applications based upon design specifications and requirements
- Create test harnesses and other automated tools and scripts for internal use
- Interface with automation and manual QA team members, developers and business analysts for automation test candidate identification and issue verification
- Peer review test plans and test cases
- Provide test result reports and metrics
- Restore and upgrade databases and websites in QA environment, as needed for testing.
- Able to exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice
- Experience in employing commercial and open-source test tools to include planning, analysis, interpretation, and report writing (Testing effort covers functional, regression, integration, performance, load, security, etc.)
- Prior seniority and/or leadership experience and the ability to work both independently or on a team.
- Able to work in a highly visible, fast paced, changing environment.
- Very familiar with the Agile and system development life cycle.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask in high paced, pressured, goal oriented and collaborative environment
- Knowledge of or experience working in financial services and/or other regulated environments is a plus.