SQL Server/AWS Cloud Engineer
: SQL Server/AWS Cloud Engineer
Location: Nashville, TN
Duration: 4 months+
Compensation: Up to $65.00 hourly
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a SQL Server/AWS Cloud Engineer.
- 10+ years hands-on SQL Server Production DBA experience handling very large database systems.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (preferred) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate in SQL 2014/SQL 2016.
- 3 Yrs experience with AWS, AWS-CLI, AWS-RDS and AWS Certification.
- 5 Yrs experience with SQL Server Performance tuning.
- 1 yrs experience with Windows Powershell for SQL, Powershell for AWS-CLI.
- 1 yr Experience with Amazon Cloud formation scripts
- Should possess experience working with SQL 2005 to SQL 2017.
- Should possess knowledge on Core Industry Standards for SQL Server, Windows AWS and SAN.
- Should have experience deploying Multi-Node SQL Server clustered environments.
- Experience with Veritas Netbackup/Commvault.
- Experience with VMWare technologies and best practices on VMWare for SQL Server.
- Maintain commitment to professionally grow and share knowledge within the team.
Education & Training
- Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS IT etc.
- The SQL Server database/AWS cloud engineer will design, build and implement highly available solutions for critical production and non-prod environments using Industry's best practices and standards.
- Work closely with Change Healthcare’s Engineering teams.
- Design, develop and implement new solutions using SQL Server/AWS technologies for customers within Change healthcare.
- Migrate SQL server environments both from on-premises to cloud (AWS) and vice versa with the highest build and security standards and no/planned downtimes.
- Should have an understanding and implementation knowledge of Security, Audit and Compliance requirements like HIPAA, SOX, FISMA and PCI.
- Design SQL Server Partitioning solutions for Very Large database tables.
- Migration between various SAN/NAS technologies, Understand RAID/Volume limitations etc.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document them.
- Create SQL Server Gold Images in AWS.
- Launch EC2 Instances in AWS both manual and automated way.
- Develop Amazon Cloud formation templates.
- Provide support when needed for Production severity-1, 2 issues.
- Perform POCs for newer features, tools and software.
- Implement VMWare in both Standalone and Clustered Environments.
- Deploy Solutions using the following core technologies.
- SQL Server/Windows Multi-node clustering.
- SQL Server Always-On with read-only replicas and cross data center AG and AWS setup.
- SQL backups & restores using Netbackup/Commvault technologies.
- SQL Server replication (Merge, Peer to Peer & Transactional),
- Log shipping and database mirroring.
- SQL Server Analysis services.
- SQL server reporting services Multi-Scale deployments.
- Install SQL Server database Audit.
- SQL Server Always Encrypted, TDE, Dynamic data masking & SSL.
- SQL Server Query Store.
- Migrate SQL Server databases from SQL 2005 to SQL 2017
- Track Performance changes using SQL Server Profiler traces.
Our benefits package includes:
· Comprehensive Medical Benefits
· Competitive Pay, 401K
· Retirement Plan
· And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.