The VP of Information Technology (IT) will oversee the planning, development, implementation, maintenance, and security of the company’s IT systems and processes including computer, communication, and office systems.
- Establishes the strategic direction of the company’s IT systems; executes this strategy in collaboration with company leadership and oversees technical projects in alignment with organizational goals
- Directs and coordinates outsourced professional services and Managed Services Firms relating to Cloud based infrastructure systems, collaboration, and office automation systems.
- Identifies and recommends new technologies and services that will improve efficiency, processes, and operations; reviews requests for additional services and upgrades, assessing the costs and benefits to the organization.
- Approves the purchase, rent, lease, license, or other acquisition of hardware, software, or services needed to meet company needs. Working with Management and vendors to set company standards and baselines.
- Ensures the integrity and reliability of computerized information systems, communication systems, and office systems including the security of data acquired and stored. Prepares responses to client and insurance due diligence questionnaires.
- Prepares, implements, and executes IT budget.
- Oversees business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Oversees the firm’s CyberSecurity and Compliance strategy for regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Technologies including Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365, and Virtual Desktop technologies.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure and automation efforts.
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information.
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations, including Due Diligence Questionnaires.
- Recommend Service Delivery Improvements and standardize SLA’s.
- Provide executive reporting to Management on KPI’s for the IT Department
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Identify technology needs and make recommendations to business decision-makers.
- Evaluate the company’s adherence to regulatory technology requirements for security.
- Maintain company hardware and software programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient in latest technology for IT systems and management and security practices.
- Through understanding of IT and practical applications to support the company’s goals.
- Relationship Oriented – proactively creates connections and able to show others “the possibilities”.
- Collaborative & Inclusive – wants to be included and brings others along and gains their support.
- Enterprise Mindset – naturally thinks of implications of work with ALL stakeholders.
- Change Expert – able to articulate how the organization needs to change and partners with others to identify necessary shifts in the culture.
- Results Oriented – gets work done per commitments made.
- Leans Forward – willing to challenge status quo; shares perspective at the right time; particularly in challenging environments.
- Leans In – maintains a willingness to get her/his hands dirty and step in wherever and whenever needed.
- Pace – knows how to work at the right pace to make the right impact at the right time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, including analytical, management, and interpersonal, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to lead and teach others.
- Can explain highly technical concepts in simple terms, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required; master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- At least ten years of experience in a technical role, with significant IT leadership experience preferred.
TekPartners provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, TekPartners complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.