If you are confident you could do anything with the right guidance and opportunity, the Senior Accounts Payable Associate position with TekPartners is it! Below are our core values and the positive attributes that will enable you to be successful:
- Be The Best
- Understand The Urgency
- Never Ever Give Up
- Have The Courage To Excel
- Make A Contribution
TekPartners is seeking a full-time Senior Accounts Payable Associate. This position will work as the sole Accounts Payables professional for the business as part of the Finance team supporting full cycle invoice and payment cycle activities. This position reports to the Controller and maintains and controls the Accounts Payable function of the organization, applying internal controls, and assisting in the general ledger month end process. Assembles and summarizes data, prepares reports and follows up on inquiries. Maintains filing and records. The key to success as the Senior Accounts Payable Associate is the ability to strong attention to details, proactively identifying issues and taking initiative to resolve problems, and being able to work in an independent and organized manner within a small, but active finance department.
Senior Accounts Payable Associate Job Duties:
- Sort and maintains electronic AP email and all incoming regular Accounting mail.
- Process all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payments.
- Codes invoices based on GL provided.
- Prioritize invoices according to payment terms and cash discounts.
- Process check and wire fund requests and deposits.
- Record all cash transactions and payments including checks, ACH, and wire payment transactions.
- Obtains Controller and CFO approval for check and wire payments.
- Follow up on W9 forms and maintains and prepares 1099’s and all related reports.
- Prepare benefit insurance invoicing and coding.
- Download, codes and upload Amex and Visa Credit Card charges to GP Dynamics.
- Reconciles vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Audit and processes credit card bills performing monthly corporate card expense allocations and accurate import and coding of credit card information into current GL system.
- Process and reconcile expense report reimbursements for disbursement.
- Respond to inquiries from vendors, employees and other department heads regarding payments, expense reports and credit card transactions.
- Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy.
- Assists with financial and tax audits as needed.
- Assist monitoring internal controls.
- Provides AP accruals to Accountants
- Assists in month end closing, prepares reconciliation of certain accounts.
- Prepare financial reports and assists with other projects as directed by Controller.
- Protect organization’s integrity by keeping Company information confidential.
- Works with management in identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
- 5+ years in an Accounts Payable function required that includes full cycle (data entry to payment processing. Must have been responsible for the Accounts Payable function.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger/accounts payable of Dynamics Great Plains preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, developing spreadsheets, formulas and pivot tables.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter with excellent time management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, strong attention to detail, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong work ethic.