TekPartners Professional Services partners with its clients / prospective clients to deliver their most strategic initiatives, by delivering consulting expertise in the technology practice areas of: Application Development & Integration, Data Analytics & AI, CRM, ERP & Collaboration, Cloud & Infrastructure, and HR/Payroll Software.
We are looking for a full time Sales Engineer to join our team that can effectively articulate to potential clients how a partnership with TekPartners Professional Services will benefit them to deliver their most strategic technical projects. This will involve highlighting our technical consulting expertise, and how TekPartners Pro Services has successfully delivered for similar initiatives citing technical details and actual client case studies. The individual in this role will wear multiple hats, be able to work at a high-level to create compelling Professional Services presentations that are relatable to the customer’s current problem scenario, or strategy that instills confidence that we are the partner for them.
The Sales Engineer must have a history that includes hands-on development in their career ideally with a gradual promotion to lead architect roles with a of Sales Engineering. A plus is to be hands on and do this work today for a proof in concept, as well as ensuring implementation success of the proposed solutions. This individual will also be a thought leader in the creation of innovative technical marketing materials with our internal team such as case studies, demos, etc. that will translate into new customers or expand existing customer engagements further.
Responsibilities – What you’ll be doing
- Support business development, and pre-sales activities for the Professional Services division
- Work with customers to define future-state architectures and provide implementation guidance for them to be able to deliver their initiatives.
- Provide solution architecture and technical qualification support during the pre-sales and business development process
- Proactively come up with Proof-Of-Concept (POC) designs for various use-cases to support the sales efforts
- Be a liaison between our technical practice areas, and sales team to assist with the launch of new customer projects, provide early support, then eventually transitioning to TekPartners practice leads post sales
- Create technical sections of proposals, statements of work with the sales team that outline the objectives of the client engagement, along with team members, duration, activities, and deliverables. This may include RFPs responses as well.
General Qualifications – About You
- Demonstrated self-starter, a fire in your belly, and a no-quit attitude
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced changing environment, and take the initiative to understand the clients’ current technical state, be persuasive that our expertise can assist getting them to their future state citing past success
- Strong solution architecture skills
- Good project management and planning skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different internal stakeholders
- Very knowledgeable about our practice areas and technologies
- Ability to learn new practice areas and technologies as required to support the sales team
- Passionate about the opportunities and learning new technology areas outside of your comfort zone
- Established problem solver to meet customer challenges and needs
- Strong understanding of how Software is built from first meeting to rolled out product
- Exceptional presentation skills
- General programming skills in a related practice area
- Excellent verbal communication
Education & Experience
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology or Engineering, preferably in a consulting capacity
- 5+ Years of sales engineering preferably consulting, or relevant products
- 2+ Years of demonstrated enterprise engineering experience in a practice area similar to ours
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical architectures in practice areas similar to ours
- Demonstrated knowledge of project team structures, SDLC, Agile (plus) and the roles required to deliver professional services
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science or related field preferred