Title: Java Developer
Location: Boca Raton, FL/ Eugene, OR
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners offers the most sought after Information Technology positions with some of the most well-known companies in the world.
Develop and maintain Java and PHP based components essential for business operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write code following best practices and standards.
- Participates in team meetings in an open, cross-functional environment.
- Collects, analyzes and summarizes development and service issues to provide information and remediation steps
- Documents work by writing documentation, flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, etc.
- Participates in code reviews, collaborating with other Software Engineers on best practices for software development and code creation.
- Analyzes and modifies development work to verify the resulting software meets established goals and functionality.
- Conducts system analysis and recommend changes to improve performance, scalability and stability.
- Researches new development tools, libraries, methodologies and technologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Four plus years of experience with Object Oriented Programming (Java strongly preferred) and
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, related or equivalent field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Spring Framework.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns and AOP.
- Knowledge of build tools such as Apache Maven.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, unit testing, etc.
- Proven ability to write clear technical documentation and comfortable with Software Documentation tools, JavaDoc, UML diagrams, etc.
- Experience with productivity tools such as git, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Docker, etc.
- Knowledge of BSD/Unix based operating systems, Linux, Mac OS, etc.
- Knowledge of Zend Framework a plus.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proficient on design software, development software, the Internet, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable area of engineering/technical specialization.
- Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills--Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Perform some repetitive motion activities.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
- Continually required to sit, utilize hand and finger dexterity, reach with hands and arms.
- Work is performed in an office setting with moderate noise level.
- Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Our benefits package includes:
· Comprehensive Medical Benefit
· Competitive Pay
· 401K Retirement Plan
· And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.