Data Science Engineer
Title: Data Science Engineer Location: Charlotte, NC Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners offers the most sought after Information Technology positions with some of the most well-known companies in the world.
- Data Science Engineer will be the team lead for implementation, deployment, and operationalization of projects within the Data Science Team.
- The principal objective of the Data Science Engineer is to facilitate the technical implementation of Data Science Team projects to appropriate environments. Execution of this objective will require understanding of deployment procedures, optimization of compute environments, and data architecture principles across multiple structured and unstructured platforms.
- Close coordination with the infrastructure and development teams will be required. A successful individual in the Data Science Engineer role will enjoy exploring and evaluating tools and platforms for deployment, and will creatively contribute to architecture and design discussions using these tools.
- Work with infrastructure teams to provision and organize AWS environments
- Provide architectural input and review of services and APIs for data ingest and dispersal within the ecosystem
- Lead the transition phase for projects from model construction to model deployment
- Optimize model performance and processing by implementing best-practices infrastructure and environments
- Produce documentation for code, APIs, and procedures
- Customer Focus – Provides internal customer satisfaction.
- Communication – Provides and receives information in a manner that engages others.
- Accountability – Takes personal accountability for actions.
- Innovation – Creates a connection to the outside world by providing solutions to on-going issues.
- Adaptability – Is open to change and readily accepts it.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Relates to others in an appropriate and informative manner.
- Integrity – Engender trust at all levels.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with AWS environment provision and deployment (Linux specifically)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data sources
- Knowledge of data science and analytics tools, particularly R and Python
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent organization skills and follow-up
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.