Data Science Associate
Title: Data Science Associate Location: Charlotte, NC Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners offers the most sought after Information Technology positions with some of the most well-known companies in the world.
- Data Science Associate 1 will be responsible for supporting descriptive analytics needs of the operations teams and the Data Science Team per the direction of the Manager of Data Science.
- The principal objectives of the Data Science Associate 1 are to build and implement statistical models with the Data Science Team, review and report on existing model performance, and perform statistical analysis in an ad-hoc capacity for business teams.
- Execution of these responsibilities will require understanding of varied statistical modeling techniques, as well as technical proficiency in SQL, SSIS, R, Python, and Excel.
- This role will require and end-to-end analytics skillset, from data organization and retrieval through presentation and communication.
- Use SQL, R, Excel, and SSIS to organize data
- Contribute to model design and ideation with the Data Science Team
- Assist in implementation of modeling projects in conjunction with the Data Science Team and IT resources
- Perform model validation and verification prior to model updates and deployments
- Perform weekly and monthly performance reviews of models
- Perform machine learning, natural language, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods.
- Respond to business team requests for analysis and statistical products
- Customer Focus – Provides internal customer satisfaction.
- Communication – Provides and receives information in a manner that engages others.
- Accountability – Takes personal accountability for actions.
- Innovation – Creates a connection to the outside world by providing solutions to on-going issues.
- Adaptability – Is open to change and readily accepts it.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Relates to others in an appropriate and informative manner.
- Integrity – Engender trust at all levels.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of data science and analytics tools particularly R and Python
- Knowledge of SQL
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent communications skills, including presentation
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent organization skills and follow-up
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.