Senior SQL Database Administrator
Specialty:SQL Server DBA
Title: Senior SQL Database Administrator Location: Plantation, FL Duration: 6 month contract Compensation: $45/HR to $60/HR COE Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior SQL Database Administrator in Plantation, FL.
Responsible for the planning, design implementation, Datacenter Migrations, operational support and maintenance of all SQL Server databases in a 24x7 high-availability production environment. Also responsible for monitoring the database environment(s) and ensuring their performance, availability and security to support business requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Datacenter Migration and coordination activities.
- Responsible for maintain high-availability and performance of multiple databases that support a variety of business critical systems throughout the enterprise.
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure services are available with minimum downtime.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem resolution of SQL and other database systems, including the engagement of appropriate vendors and/or internal staff to rapidly resolve and restore services to the enterprise.
- Responsible for patching, upgrades and maintenance of database environments leveraging strict Change Control mechanisms to ensure minimal disruption to the end-users.
- Responsible for providing frequent metrics/statistics on the database environments to executive leadership.
- Create and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for database administration and appropriate use that aligns with the overall Corporate Security posture.
- Work with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to evaluate database products and services that may enhance the current production environment(s), or provide clarity on a future roadmap for the platform(s).
- Collaborate with the business users to stablish Service Level Agreements for all database services across multiple environments (e.g. DEV/QA/UAT/PROD).
- Provide guidance and direction to junior members of the DBA team.
- Rotational on-call availability for scheduled/unscheduled after-hours support.
- Read and abide by the company's code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Report any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtain clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent knowledge of current database products and architectures from multiple vendors.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in-depth SQL Server Database Administration experience including creating MS SQL stored procedures & queries, designing and developing database applications.
- Proven experience managing multiple instances of MS SQL databases on large enterprise-class systems.
- Deep understanding of data modeling, database optimization and relational database schemas.
- Experience monitoring and tuning databases to provide high-availability service
- Proficient with XML, Transactional SQL, DTS Packages and stored procedures.
- Expert ability to interpret and write complex SQL queries.
- Proven experience managing internal and external MS SQL database security.
- Experience with Database mirroring and Disaster Recovery procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and network communications principles.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to create and/or analyze budgetary requirements for new environment build-outs, or sustaining existing environments with incremental hardware/software.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure 24x7 production environment and make sound decisions/recommendations in crisis situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to a variety of technical and non-technical personnel, including Executives.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Maintain an understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university and 5 or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.