Title: Scrum Master Location: Des Moines, IA Duration: 6 months+ Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Scrum Master in Des Moines, IA.
Project and Responsibilities:
- The Scrum Master may facilitate up to two Scrum Teams by: fostering creativity and empowerment for the team, coaching and mentoring the teams to effectively adopt Scrum, anticipating evolving impediments and proactively protecting the team from outside distractions.
- A Scrum Master may work on both mature and immature teams. Immature teams may not have worked collectively on a Scrum team and/or may have team members that have only worked on a single Scrum project or perhaps not at all.
- The Scrum Master will need to feel comfortable facilitating discussions across multiple business groups, product owners and IT department. The Scrum Master must be comfortable managing across a diverse and senior level stakeholder group.
Skill set & Requirements:
- Advanced understanding of Scrum roles and Agile development techniques.
- Able to build and maintain relationships and facilitate collaboration and communication.
- Experience working with teams to build quality software using agile techniques and minimizing technical debt is preferred.
- Requires good judgment to quickly identify problems and ask the right question to help the team create solutions.
- Able to influence without authority.
- Excellent oral and written communication, planning and decision-making skills.
- Able to work with people at all levels.
- Has the ability and desire to partner with and serve the research community.
- Possess strong communication, documentation, and training skills.
- Experience with Agile tools such as Team Foundation Server or JIRA a plus
- Ability to show software development staff how to implement Agile Development practices such as TDD is highly preferred.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or, bachelor's degree in agronomic sciences, molecular biology, genetics or related scientific field is required
- Agile/Scrum experience is required, 3- 4 years Scrum Master Experience with prior technical experience in application development.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.