Nortel/Avaya CS1000 Technician
Job Title: Nortel/Avaya CS1000 Technician
Work Requirements: US Citizen or Able to work in the United States
Our client is seeking a Nortel/Avaya Technician to support our client's telecommunications team. Candidates will deliver telephony (voice and IP telephony) solutions to support existing product and service functionality and multi-platform integration at client locations. Perform day-to-day field installation, service, programming, testing and troubleshooting of PBX and VOIP voice systems (Ex. Nortel, Avaya, Cisco etc.) as well as MAC (moves, adds and changes). We are looking for individuals who will pay attention to detail and work efficiently under minimal supervision. Must pass drug and background checks.
· Perform on site technician duties to include Installing and troubleshooting analog, digital and IP voice telecommunications equipment at client locations including PBX systems, key systems, voice mail, call center and related peripheral and ancillary equipment. This includes digital, TDM and SIP Trunking.
· Employ appropriate troubleshooting techniques for analog, digital and IP voice problems, TDM, digital and SIP trunking plus point-to-point as well as point to co-location network applications.
· Complete work orders for "Break Fix Repair" and MAC "moves, adds and changes" on company supported product lines.
· Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum 5+ years' voice telecommunications experience with PBX and VOIP systems and related and attached servers and processors.
· Industry and manufacturer specific certifications preferred. Examples: Nortel Option 61/81, Avaya Certified Implementation/Support Specialist/Expert (ACIS/ACSS or ACSE), Avaya CM, Call Pilot.
· Proven ability to install, service, program, test and troubleshoot analog and digital voice telecommunications equipment and systems including related and attached servers and processors.
· Understanding of voice transmission delivery methods and the types of service provided across Copper, Fiber, POTS, T1, T3, SIP, CAS, VOIP Transmission, analog transmission, digital transmission etc.
· Basic knowledge of computer, networks, and information technology related systems.
Our benefits package includes:
· Comprehensive Medical Benefits
· Competitive Pay
· 401K Retirement Plan
· And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.