If you are confident you could do anything with the right guidance and opportunity, the Payroll Manager position with TekPartners is it! Below are our core values and the positive attributes that will enable you to be successful:
- Be The Best
- Understand The Urgency
- Never Ever Give Up
- Have The Courage To Excel
- Make A Contribution
Tekpartners is seeking a full-time Payroll Manager. This position reports to the Controller and maintains and controls the internal Payroll Management process of the organization and acts as liaison with third party payroll processing company. Manages payroll related audits. Assembles and summarizes data, prepares reports and follows up on inquiries. Maintains filing and records.
Payroll Manager Job Duties:
- Manages the internal payroll function working together with third party processing Payroll Company, directing and ensuring an accurate payroll is processed and delivered.
- Audits payroll reports before approving payment of payroll.
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; processing personal action forms, employee advances, relocations, commissions, bonuses, working with in the collection, calculation, and entering of data in systems or payroll source documents.
- Updates payroll records. Reviews and works together with Human Resources in changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Calculates and ensures accurate and timely payment of commissions. Distributes commission reports to the divisions and responds to inquiries about calculations.
- Maintains commission schedules in the payroll system.
- Reconciles benefits invoices to current payroll records and provides coding information to accounting.
- Prepares payroll files which are utilized by accounting for coding and allocations.
- Processes weekly 401K and HAS contributions and works together with accounting in the reconciliation of related clearing accounts.
- Maintains PTO accrual schedules, prepares monthly PTO accrual report.
- Maintains Web portal and related timekeeping system maintenance.
- Distributes changes for withholding and direct deposits.
- Integrates expense reporting reimbursements into payroll.
- Manages payroll related audits, such as worker’s comp, 401K, HSA, etc and maintains payroll records related to those audits.
- Provides payroll information by preparing reports, and answering questions and requests.
- Prepares and distributes annual payroll calendar.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures. Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Monitors Company compliance, reviewing federal, state, and local filings that are prepared by third party payroll processor.
- Ensures quarterly and annual filings are completed by third party payroll processor and maintains copies of such records.
- Works with Accounting and HR personnel regarding payroll and related activities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
Payroll Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Managing Processes, Data Entry Management, Reporting Skills, Benefits knowledge, Worker Compensation, Developing Standards, Financial Skills, Accounting
- 7+ years in a Payroll Managing function required. Must have been responsible for the Payroll management function.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- Staffing industry preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, developing spreadsheets, formulas and pivot tables.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter with excellent time management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Must have strong work ethic.